Friday 1 July 2011

Hong Kong - The shopper's paradise

For Hong Kong people, shopping is a normal part of their weekly leisure activity. Rightly so since everywhere you go, there are terrific malls designed and purpose built to tempt away your money. Everywhere you go above a MTR station (Hong Kong metro station) is a beautifully air conditioned mall. A shopper's paradise...
All the malls offer a safe haven for people to hide from the humidity and heat of summer weather, and decked out with beautiful clothing and produce at affordable value. 
Today I got to meet up with my friends who took us to one of the biggest malls in HK, it is 7 levels high and having wandered around for 2 hours, I felt like I haven't even scratched the surface. I think I managed to see two levels? I'm not really sure because the size of the place can make a person quite disorientated.  
Although still more affordable than back home, I have to agree with my family that everything in Hong Kong has gotten more expensive over the years. 
For ladies, if you ever happen to come over for summer, go buy yourself a couple of sets of swimwear!!! The selection and price in HK is absolutely unbelievable! 
Side note - This pilgrim has not yet managed to get her hands on a new yellow umbrella... sigh... 

1 comment: