Monday 29 August 2011

Seafood Buffet in Barcelona 25 Aug 2011

I left Valencia for Barcelona with a sense of anticipation, I have heard so many stories about pick pockets and thieves in this city that I repacked and locked every single pocket possible on my backpack. It was like I was fortifying the walls in anticipation of an attack.

We boarded from the airy and modern train station. I took a photo because this was one of my favorite train stations so far.

The seats were so spacious! I couldn't even reach the footrest! The seats recline by sliding forward. Now if we can have an airline that provides this much space there will be many more happy fliers.

We got to Barcelona around 3pm. We still had to purchase our tickets to Nice, France so we took tickets to queue. We were about 100 people behind so we took the opportunity to go purchase some lunch while we wait. There isn't much available at the station except bread and more bread. In the end we decided upon McD just simple because it was the more affordable option.

We finally reached our accommodation in the late afternoon. Our hostel is situated on a side street of the Las Ramblas. One of the most popular and touristed streets in Barcelona. This time around we are in a nice four people room with bathroom. There was also air conditioning!









By the time we were all settled it was already 6pm. Not enough time to see any of the sights this late in the evening. Instead we decided to go out for a walk and a bit of shopping.

This is the market on Las Ramblas. It was so packed we couldn't get inside. I did see many tourist and visitors come out with fresh fruit juices that looked quite delicious.



This is Las Ramblas. I have heard many stories that this is the place where most tourist get pick pocketed. Needless to say, I had my hand firmly over my bag and a watchful eye on everyone that passes by.
I didn't really enjoy this street, mostly lined by over priced souvenir shops and pushy salesman I thought it really made a bad impression of what Spain is like. I'm glad we made this our last stop. I did a bit of research earlier and found out there was a street (Portal Del Angel) nearby that has mostly Spanish brands and labels. We headed that way.
For those of you who like shopping, Zara in Spain has a much bigger line than overseas and is comparatively cheaper. We all managed to find something we liked there. I have brought a lovely jacket that is made in Spain there for a very affordable price.

By the time we finished shopping it was nearly 9.30pm. Luckily Spain has a much later dinner hours.

At the recommendation from Tiffany we headed for a buffet restaurant just outside the metro station Sant Antoni. Wok Dao is a buffet restaurant owned by Chinese, like many other Chinese in Spain they choose to have the restaurant set up like a Japanese restaurant. This place has all you can eat buffet and teppinyaki for 13.50 euros (not include drinks).
This place has seafood galore. Crabs, Shrimps, clams, mussels, fish, lobster, scampy, and other shellfish. They come cooked or fresh for teppinyaki.









I didn't lie when I said there were lobsters. It's a bit of a fight though because as soon as it comes out people take it so quickly it's gone as soon as you turn your back. Luckily even at 11pm they were still taking out fresh food.


This is the first time I have eaten so many different seafood available at a buffet. We all ate till we couldn't fit anymore.

It was Dominique's birthday and guess what, they have Chinese birthday buns!

There was also bowls of watermelon, rockmelon, pineapple, apricots, cakes and different ice-cream to choose from for dessert!

It was an amazing meal, the buffet just became one of my food highlights for Spain!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment